Sword Art Online: Infinity Moment Modifier
|Sword Art Online: Infinity Moment|
|Publisher(s)||Bandai Namco Games|
|Series||Sword Art Online|
Sword Art Online: Infinity Moment (ソードアート・オンライン -インフィニティ・モーメント- Sōdo Āto Onrain: Infiniti Mōmento) is a video game based on the Sword Art Online light novel series. The game was released in both standard and limited edition box sets in Japan on March 14, 2013 for PlayStation Portable. Its sequel game Sword Art Online: H
The gameplay has many similarities to MMORPGs, though it is not an online game, including the ability to buy and upgrade weapons, go on missions, and fight in a group with other characters. The protagonist, Kirito, can equip ten types of weapons, such as swords and axes.
The game follows an alternate storyline from the end of the first arc of the original story, in which a glitch causes Kirito and the other players to remain in Sword Art Online despite defeating Heathcliff, and players from other VMMORPGs, such as second and third arc protagonists Leafa and Sinon, get sucked into the game themselves.
The game was released on March 14, 2013 in Japan for the PlayStation Portable. In June 2014, Bandai Namco released a patch that added a new game mode, which added additional gameplay after completion of the main storyline.
The game sold 138,180 physical retail copies within the first week of release in Japan, topping the Japanese software sales charts for that week. By June 2013, it had shipped over 200,000 copies. Famitsu awarded it scores of 8, 7, 7 and 7 out of 10, totaling 29 out of 40.
RemakeModifierMain article: Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment
The game was remade into HD for the PlayStation Vita in the form of Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment. Some features, like the player's points and skills, can be transferred from Infinity Moment to Hollow Fragment.
- "Sword Art Online Game to Have 3D Date Movie DVD". Anime News Network. October 26, 2012. Retrieved October 27, 2012.
- "Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment Includes An HD Version Of Sword Art Online: Infinity Moment". Siliconera. May 1, 2014. Retrieved May 1, 2014.
- "Sword Art Online: Infinity Moment is Tailor-Made for Fans of the Franchise". Kotaku. April 5, 2013. Retrieved June 10, 2014.
- "Kirito Has 10 Different Weapons In Sword Art Online: Infinity Moment". Siliconera. December 7, 2012. Retrieved October 1, 2015.
- "Infinity Moment Takes Everything You Know About Sword Art Online, and Turns It on Its Head". Kotaku. April 2, 2013. Retrieved July 27, 2013.
- "Sword Art Online: Infinity Moment Tops 200,000 Units Shipped And Adds New Patch". Siliconera. June 7, 2013. Retrieved June 10, 2014.
- "This Week In Sales: Kingdom Hearts HD Falls To Sword Art Online". Siliconera. March 20, 2013. Retrieved June 10, 2014.
- "Famitsu Review Scores: Issue 1264". Gematsu. March 5, 2013. Retrieved October 31, 2015.
- "Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment releasing with Infinity Moment HD remake". Destructoid. April 30, 2014. Retrieved April 30, 2014.
- "Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment Lets You Carry Over Stuff From The PSP Game". Siliconera. January 28, 2014. Retrieved October 1, 2015.